Noh Actor in Hagoromo
- Reference NumberSS-30156
- Title" Hagoromo " Noh Actor
- PainterUchiyama Shuho (1876 - 1963)
Shuho was born in Yokohama in the 9th year of the Meiji era.
He became a pupil of Naito Tekiho.
After the Second World War, Shuho moved to Naruto city in Tokushima Prefecture.
He was good at painting Noh performing art-related subjects.
He deceased in the 38th year of the Showa era at the age of 87.
- Signature & SealYes
- Part of DrawingSilk, 114 x 36 cm ( 45 x 14.2 inches )
- MountingSilk, 197 x 50.5 cm ( 77.6 x 19.8 inches )
- Roller End MaterialWood (Lacquered)
- BoxWood Box
There are some faint stains and several small spots on the painting part.
As a whole, the condition of this scroll is not so bad.
The title of this painting is "Hagoromo".
It is one of the famous subjects of Noh play.
Noh is Japanese traditional performing art.
Actors play their roles with Noh masks on.
Signature & Seal
Roller End (Lacquered)
In Wooden Box