Female Farmer in the Noon
- Reference NumberSS-20050
- Title" Female Farmer in the Noon "
- PainterImai Kageki (1891 - 1960)
Kageki was born in Mie Prefecture in the 24th year of the Meiji era.
His real given name was Yasushi.
He graduated from the Kyoto Municipal School of Arts.
He also studied Japanese-style painting under Imao Keinen.
Kageki became Keinen's adopted son, though, dissolved the relationship
Kageki deceased in the 35th year of the Showa era at the age of 70.
- Signature & SealYes
- Part of PaintingSilk, 32 x 41.5 cm ( 12.6 x 16.3 inch )
- MountingSilk, 121 x 56 cm ( 47.6 x 22 inch )
- Roller End MaterialHard Plastic
- BoxTomobako Original Wooden Box
The scroll is slightly foxed overall as it was painted years ago.
There are small faint spots on the painting part.
Stains with water at the bottom of the mounting are also recognized.
As a whole, the condition of this scroll is so-so.
The motif is a woman farmer in the noon.
It is painted nicely.
Signature & Seal
In Tomobako Original Wooden Box