Kannon Buddhist Goddess & Kanji Drawing
- Reference NumberSP-60009
- Title" Kannon Goddess & Kanji Writing "
- ArtistsKanji Part = Ohtani Kubutsu
Kannon Goddess = 77 Years Old, Sakakibara Bunsui
- Signature & SealYes
- Part of DrawingJapanese Paper, 117 x 31 cm ( 46 x 12.2 inches )
- MountingSilk, 198 x 46 cm ( 78 x 18.2 inches )
- Roller End MaterialEbony Wood
- BoxTomobako Original Wooden Box
The scroll is slightly foxed overall as it was drawn years ago.
We estimate it was drawn before World War 2.
There are some spots, stains and folds.
As a whole, the condition of this scroll is so-so.
The Kannon Buddhistic Goddess (Goddess of Mercy) is drawn well.
The Kanji phrase is also drawn by the other artist (Kubutsu Ohtani. Seems
to be a Buddhist monk of the Hongan-Ji Sect.)
The phrase means "Come alone, Go alone".
Sold, Thank you !
Signature & Seal
Hakogaki Endorsement on Lid
In Original Wood Box