This Kanji poem was written in 1916 by Sokai Miyaji, the chief abbot of
Engaku-Ji Temple in Kamakura of Japan.
There are a few tears on the mounting.
Some spots, stains and folds are recognized on the drawing part.
Although, the condition of this scroll is not bad.
The kanji characters are written in good form.
Engaku-Ji (=Enkaku-Ji) founded in 1282 is one of the most important Zen Buddhist
temple in Japan.